|Keeping a Relationship Going|
Keeping It Going
So you’re in a relationship and want to keep it going now that Valentine’s Day is over for another year. What does it take to keep the relationship going strong?
1) First of all you need two people who are interested in each other and want to keep things going. But most of all you need to be willing to listen to the other person and take what they have to say into consideration. Respect is the key word here. You need to respect each other day in and day out. Without that, the relationship is doomed.
2) The fine art of compromise is essential. One person cannot always have their own way and the final say in everything. You need to listen to each other and work out compromises based on trust. If that trust in each other is constantly being tested and found wanting, the relationship will run aground.
3) You need to add excitement to the relationship by each coming up with new ideas. It’s not just sex, but keeping things interesting by surprising your partner with new adventures that appeal to both parties.
4) Add some heat and fire to the relationship every now and then in unexpected ways. Your partner will appreciate your interest in trying to keep things hot.
5) Try new things (not new people). Be willing to try a new food, a new adventure, or something you don’t normally participate in.
6) Relationships require constant work. Don’t expect that once you are in a relationship that your work is done. In fact it has only begun. Keep at it daily and the relationship will mature.
Not in a relationship yet? Learning these points will mean that you are ready when the time comes -and it will.